struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Problems with mail reader
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:12:48 GMT
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:50:07 -0500, James Mitchell <jmitchell@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, I couldn't find a struts.jar or struts-core.jar property or classpath
> entry in the build.xml for the shale mailreader app.  I'm not sure how
> Craig's build is referencing them, but adding it allows me to:
>
> current/sandbox/struts-shale-mailreader > ant dist
>
> I *have not* committed the changes to shale mailreader sources.  Since I
> can't see or change Craig's build for shale stuff, here is what I did:
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~jmitchell/svn-diff.txt

I'll take a look, but the key point is that Shale and the Shale-based
apps will have zero dependencies on Struts 1.x framework code.  This
is why I made the earlier comment about perhaps *not* using the
"mailreader template" trick for the Shale-based versions.

I do need the mailreader.jar file to get the DAO stuff, though ... now
that it's settled into its new home, and assuming that this is still
separated from the Struts-1.x-based application part of mailreader, I
can start building the Shale version again.

> I haven't tried it with myfaces, but jsfri works for me.  Here's my
> user.home/build.properties:

(Side note -- the struts-shale-usecases example app *does* work with
MyFaces 1.0.8).

Craig