struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Nomination for Struts PMC Chair
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:00:10 GMT
Ted says it correctly in his comments below ... I will continue to be
active, but it's time for someone else to take the administrative
responsibilities.

Craig

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:40:17 -0500, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> To recap,
>
> Craig gave the PMC a heads-up that he would like to step-down from the VP position. He's
been in this position, formally or informally, for going on five years now. Since ASF projects
are team-driven, it's not unusual for people to pass the baton this way. We can expect Craig
to be as active as ever. He just felt it was time to give someone else a turn.

> Under our bylaws [http://struts.apache.org/bylaws.html], which are like those used by
most ASF projects, the PMC Chair has no special powers. All decisions are made jointly by
the PMC. The VP/Chair serves mainly as our liaison to the board and infrastructure team.

> On the PMC list, I offered support for either Martin Cooper or Don Brown as the Struts
VP. Martin's grunt work on infrastructure continues to be invaluable. Don has a strong vision
for Struts 1.3 and beyond, and he has been leading the way on the package refactoring. (Since
we don't have a Mono implementation of Struts right now, and I won't be working much in Java
this year, I wouldn't feel comfortable serving myself.)

> Don pointed out that he is not an ASF Member right now, and that it is convenient for
the VP to be a Member. I feel that this is a valid point, and so, now that we are voting,
my preference would be Martin Cooper.

> -Ted.
>
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:24:39 +0000, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> > Sorry wrong list

a prerequisite. Though, it's unlikely that they would appoint anyone who was not already deeply
involved in the project.