struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Question about Token scheme
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:35:39 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:26:57 -0500, Sean Schofield
<sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> I've been taking a looking at the struts-shale stuff.  I have a couple
> of questions about tokens.
>
> The first is that you have a Set of tokens in the session map as
> opposed to a single one.  Is that so you can have multiple pages open
> in the same session requiring tokens (like an underlying page and a
> popup "wizard" page)?

Yes ... this is a situation that Struts 1.x does not handle well at the moment.

> Also, is there anything in Shale that is using these tokens or is it
> just the <s:Token> tag?  I'm thinking that this would be a great
> improvement to the Faces spec in general, not just for Shale users.
> Of course, it could live in Shale until then ;-)

Right now, it's just the <s:token> component tag.

There's more to dealing with the back button than just prohibiting
resubmits ... in some ideal world it should also be possible to allow
the user to really press the back button, and make the appropriate
adjustments to the saved component state, if the developer wanted to
make this OK.  I'd rather see this all figured out before just
standardizing tokens :-).

> sean

Craig