struts-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adjustments to Struts Nightly Builds
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:13 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:05:30 -0800, Martin Cooper <mfncooper@gmail.com> wrote:

> We don't want 'core' building stuff in 'apps'. The 'core' subproject
> should not know about any other subprojects. As we discussed on
> another thread, any uber-build stuff we have should live in a 'build'
> pseudo-subproject, so that it's not part of any individual subproject.
>
> However, note that such an uber-build would serve only two purposes:
> (1) to make the nightly builds slightly simpler; (2) for the
> convenience of developers wanting to build everything. Since the
> subprojects will be independently released, we will not need an
> uber-build to handle the release process. For these reasons, I think
> the uber-build, if we have one, should be kept very simple.

We could also just have the nightly build script create a binary for
each of the top level subprojects, and skip having an uber-build at
all.  Then, we'd just need a build at the top of each subproject's
tree, and most of them have one already.

I'd like to do just one source distro, though, that has all the
subprojects in it.  Stripping out the JAR files that were incorrectly
included in last night's build will get the size back to reasonable.
Does this sound agreeable?

> --
> Martin Cooper

Craig