struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coupling, Struts and JSF
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 06:54:09 GMT
Ted, I think I may be getting where our communication was breaking
down in my head.

Suppose X.Action --> display --> X.jsp --> submit Y.Action --> display
--> Y.jsp.  Now, what about the ActionForm?

You seem to see the ActionForm as relating primarily to some X.jsp,
i.e. XActionForm.java and the <html:form> on that page.  This, of
course, leads rather customarily to two actions and two mappings and
to the sorts of issues you raise.

Is that right?  I apologize if I am misunderstanding you.  I am trying
to see why what you say mystifies me and I might not be getting it
right.

If so, if I am right about what you are doing, my perspective is
different.  I do not see the YActionForm.java as related to Y.jsp but
to X.jsp AND Y.jsp *which could be, of course, the same) and to any
other submission and display JSPs which are mapped to YAction.java.

If I understand your focus, it is on the ActionForm and the ActionForm
is a bridge between Actions, leading to seeing two mappings, two
Actions.  My focus is on the Action and the Action is a bridge between
two siews.  So, your focus leads to ActionForms tied to a paritcular
view and my focus leads to ActionsForms tied to two views.

I hope this is not all wrong-headed and that I have not understood a
word you are saying.  I am a good learner but sometimes slow.  I tend
to learn these things on my own and find out later how others think.

Jack

--

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this