struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Coupling, Struts and JSF
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:33:43 GMT
Craig,

I have been trying, again, to understand your position on Shale.  In
the wiki, you say "[y]et in Struts 1.x, for example, the setup logic
and processing logic end up in two different Actions, requiring
multiple action mappings".  Could you expand on this a bit,
remembering, if you would, that I am not a novice.  I have not run
into a problem here and wonder what you are talking about in concrete
terms.  I personally do not run into this problem and am
philosophically counter to the idea that coupling can be good.  I am
pretty "knee jerk" in favor of decoupling where possible.  This is one
of the main reasons I have difficulty with JSF.  I really am contrary
to the coupling.

Jack

--

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this