struts-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Mills <duncan.mi...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [shale] Re: Struts Shale
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 05:07:03 GMT
In the past I've been around this merry-go-round on another Controller
implementation, the end result of that painful exercise in semantics was
the following:
1) An activity - a single node on the flow - display a page, send an
email, execute this code etc.
2) A Process - a group of activities,  logically of course this process
itself can be nested as an activity in a flow.

So this is why I tend to use process, it's also neutral enough to (I
think) co-exist with the scope's we're used to.  Another factor here is
that using an overloaded term (like dialog) is acceptable to a native
English speaker but can be confusing if English is not your primary
language, this would also rule out a term like Wizard.

Duncan