struts-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject [shale] Question about scope of various backing beans
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 04:06:04 GMT
Craig,

I am following along with the usecases example.  Why is it that you
have a separate request scope bean logon$logic and also logon$users
(which is application-scope.)

The logon$users was all I was expecting to see.  (Also, I found it to
be a good example of how to set up application-scope beans and refer
to them in your view controllers.)

Anyways, it looks like you just have the two different beans so you
could plug another DAO into logon$logic.  It would seem that this
could be done just as easily by changing the class name of
logon$users.  Was this just an example of how properties can be
configured or do you see a real advantage to this approach?

Just curious,

sean