struts-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Any support for migrating to JIRA?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:00:41 GMT
I use Eclipse but I have heard good things about IDEA.  If we ever meet in
person maybe I can buy you a beer with some of the $500 I saved not paying
for IDEA ;-).

Regarding the open source argument not being valid:
IMO, it's not the kind of position that is valid or invalid.  It's my
personal preference to use free software while developing free software.
Being a preference obviously means I won't stand in the way if the
majority of people want to switch to a proprietary alternative.  However,
it will move us one step further away from the larger free software
community that we belong to.

BTW, I get paid to write commercial software too so it's not that I
consider JIRA "evil".

David