struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adjustments to Struts Nightly Builds
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:30:34 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:17:33 -0800, Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:10:57 -0500, James Mitchell <jmitchell@apache.org> wrote:
> > > For these reasons, I think the uber-build, if we have one,
> > > should be kept very simple.
> >
> > Would the uber-build also generate the global 'site' that glues all the
> > other docs together?
> >

> Isn't building the site still the same as the result of building
> "apps/documentation"?  If so, that could be uploaded as a separate
> artifact so it wouldn't have to be combined into the artifact for the
> core library.

What I would like to see is each subproject having its own docs, and
'site' having the glue that pulls the others together.

I'd also like to see us move to a model where we check in the site(s)
so that updating the live site is simply an 'svn up'. (I know the
infra@ folks would like to see this too.) This would allow for
automated site refreshes, eliminating the (funky, IMHO) current
mechanism of uploading a war and logging on to explode it in place.

--
Martin Cooper