struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic workflow engine
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:21:15 GMT
I would be interested, always, in looking at code, Sean.

Jack

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:47:04 -0500, Sean Schofield
<sean.schofield@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have developed a basic workflow engine that I have found to be
> extremely useful in my current Struts applications.  I developed it
> after finding shortcomings in the open source workflow stuff that was
> available at the time.
>
> I know Craig mentioned a possible need for workflow stuff for Shale.
> I'm not sure if its along the lines of what he is interested in as I
> have not had the time to delve into Shale yet.
>
> In a nutshell, it provides a simple and flexible framework for
> implementing workflows.  It has states, operations, conditions and
> transitions.  It provides a default implementation that writes to a
> database (but that is not required.)
>
> I am currently refactoring it to make it a little easier to be used by
> others (borrowing from some of the structural ideas I've seen used in
> commons-chain).  I'd be happy to share it for anyone who might want to
> examine/borrow the code.
>
> Also, I'm interested in possibly taking it open source (perhaps as
> commons-sandbox first.)  Let me know if anyone is interested in
> working with me on this.
>
> sean

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this