struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Commons Chain Cookbook: Why have Struts Actions?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:32:17 GMT
At 7:38 AM -0600 12/15/04, Joe Germuska wrote:
>I've got the code written to support arbitrary properties (the new
>'key' attribute in set-property), but just ran out of time to write
>a mini Struts App to demonstrate that it actually works.

OK, I felt lame writing the above since I've been sitting on the code
for a week or so, so I went ahead and wrote a very simple app which
uses the config and spits out the values in the action, so I'm going
to go ahead and commit the changes.

Technically, the DTD should be extended to permit "key" as an
attribute of "set-property" -- and then that means that probably a
new struts-config_1_3.dtd should be created, etc.  Should I just go
ahead and do that?  That would also imply that I should:

1) add it as a registration in ActionServlet
2) update the examples to use the new doctype
3) publish it at the URL used in the doctype

Am I forgetting anything?

Also to come: documenting this feature somewhere other than in
JavaDoc and the DTD.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska