struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: DispatchChainAction (Struts 1.3)
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:04:05 GMT
You raise a good point.  Unfortunately, only one parameter can be passed
through ActionMapping.  DispatchChainAction really needs an
"allowedCommands" parameter to specify what commands would be allowed.
Perhaps we could use the new set/getProperty methods available in
ActionConfig where allowedCommands could be specified.

Don

Benedict, Paul C wrote:
> I noticed in Struts 1.3 there is a DispatchChainAction, and the parameter
> attribute specifies the name of the chain to execute. Would somebody
> consider that a security hole? It seems like anyone could arbitrarily
> execute any chain command in the entire Struts app if they knew it -- unlike
> a normal DispatchAction whose parameter is only relevant for that Action
> class.
>
> Also, I hope there will be a MappingDispatchChainAction too. The
> MappingDispatchAction is, in my opinion, the absolute best feature of Struts
> 1.2 and secures the internals of the app better (i.e., not exposing method
> names to the world). However, it seems that it would be impossible to
> implement (currently) since the parameter attribute is already in use for
> the chain command.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

> Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of
Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or
its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp
& Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted
and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named
on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.