struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where should the build system live?
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:20:25 GMT
I'm fine with (1).

As to things like Struts TestCase, if we decide to adopt it, then I'd suggest that it be part
of the Core itself.

Once you start using something like this, it becomes integral to development. The benefit
of bringing in Struts TestCase, rather than just snagging it from SourceForge, is to keep
it synched with any changes to the Core. If TestCase is a separate subproject, then we start
to miss the point.

Although we've talked about TestCase as a subproject, I think it would be a better fit as
a package in the Core.

-Ted.