struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ViewUtils and UtilityFactory (was Extracting taglibs)
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:21:57 GMT
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:58:16 -0800, Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:54:31 -0800, Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What does "Commons FileUpload being Filter-ized" mean?
>
> Martin has talked (on the Commons dev list) about his plans to upgrade
> Commons FileUpload to use a Servlet Filter, and the request wrapper
> features of Servlet 2.3, in the next version.  This will enable much
> cleaner integration of file upload processing with existing web
> application architectures, because (for many use cases) the fact that
> ths request is in mutipart/form-data can be made totally transparent
> to the rest of the architecture.

Yah. Much of this is done and sitting on my disk. I got busy with my
day job and other things, but I'm hoping to get this finished up next
week, since my company is shut down over the holidays. I'm also adding
an XML config capability, to make it easier to configure the filter
(but also usable outside the filter). Portlet support is already done
and checked in.

--
Martin Cooper