struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Apache Struts Wiki] Updated: StrutsFileDownload
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:54:58 GMT
In the beginning, we bundled the MailReader application with Struts. Between 1.0 and 1.1 we
added a few other small examples. In 1.2, we combined these into a single modular example.
 For 1.3, we intend to extract a number of items from the core, including the four bundled
applications (Blank, Examples, MailReader, and Tiles).

There are some notes about 1.3.x here <http://struts.apache.org/roadmap.html#Struts_1_x_whiteboard>,
and some in a recent post that hasn't been integrated with the website yet <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=dev@struts.apache.org&msgNo=29427>.

Personally, I'm finding very difficult to maintain the framework without working examples.
The "Exercise" module is a helpful place to put code to prove something is broken, and then
prove that it's fixed, but a full-fledged Cookbook Examples application, like the one Steve
Reaburn setup, would be even better.

-Ted.