struts-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: DispatchAction
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:40:40 GMT
Tom Drake wrote:

>It appears that what we have are different strategies for determining the
>method name.

Yes!  *_/The existing classes use DIFFERENT DATA AND DIFFERENT LOGIC to
get the method name/_*.  The ONLY thing SimpleDispatchAction and the
present classes have in common is that they do get the method name and
that they use reflection once they have the method name.  The present
classes use a combination of a request parameter value from a name/value
pair with the value of an ActionMapping parameter property to determine
the method.  SimpleDispatchAction uses neither of these sources and so,
requires no special coding in struts-config.xml and frees up the related
values for the name/value pairs in <a href=>, <input type='submit'>,
<input type='image> and <input type='file> for whatever clever
machinations we coders can create.

The SimpleDispatchAction, if it were not for legacy uses, can completely
replace the three existing dispatch classes.

Enough from me.  I am too noisy.  Right?

Michael McGrady