struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Deadman, Hal" <Hal.Dead...@Tallan.com>
Subject RE: On Martin Cooper's DownloadAction...
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:42:41 GMT
Looking at the RequestProcessor code there are some casts to
ActionMapping so you probably need to extend that rather than
ActionConfig. You will also be extending Martin's DownloadAction
abstract class to write a version that knows how to instantiate a
StreamInfo from mapping properties. I don't see where any other
interfaces would help. I think the fact that StreamInfo is an interface
is enough.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti (MLists) [mailto:fzlists@omnytex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 4:05 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: On Martin Cooper's DownloadAction...

Did you really mean to say don't base the ACTION on a concrete subclass?

If so, I'm a bit confused (which is my usual state of being, so all is
well)...

The way I am looking at it, the only thing I'm extending is the
ActionConfig, which is a class.  The Action Martin wrote of course
extends
Action.

Did I completely miss your meaning? (Ok, let me amend that to cover the
most likely scenarioa: IN WHAT *DID* I completely miss your meaning? :)
)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect