struts-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA Conversion (was RE: patch to make sure streams get closed)
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:00:18 GMT
Whoa, hold on a sec. This wasn't a vote thread, it was a discussion
thread. IMO, this is a big enough change that I would want to see a
vote thread to draw the attention of other folks who may not have been
following this discussion thread.

In addition, only 3 supporting votes out of a total of 14 people seems
to me to warrant more discussion. (For example, of those who indicated
a +1 on switching to JIRA, how many have looked at any other Bugzilla
installations? Are those people sure JIRA will be what they want when
we have our Bugzilla installation upgraded?)

One thing that makes me very leery of such a change, without a lot of
thought, is that there are thousands of URLs out there pointing to
Bugzilla issues, and every one of those will be invalidated by a
switch to JIRA (but not by a switch to an upgraded Bugzilla).

--
Martin Cooper