struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <Larry.Mead...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: Opening Salvo 'n CVS
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:02:56 GMT
You need to download and install cvs on a windows box for that to work.

If you want a gui, tortoise cvs is supposed to be good
(http://www.tortoisecvs.org).

If you want a command line version, cvsnt is pretty decent.

Larry

>>> mike@michaelmcgrady.com 07/05/04 8:50 AM >>>
If I try the "command line" from DOS ["cmd" or "command"] I get that
"cvs"
is not a recognized command. So, I am not sure what "command line" you
are
talking about here, Larry.  I don't use IDEs.  I use VIM and TextPad.  I

was hoping I could upload the files without having to do everything new
at
once.  So, what "command line" are we talking about?

At 07:42 AM 7/5/2004, you wrote:
>Yuck, jcvs is about as bad as cvs clients get.
>
>If you have an IDE such as netbeans or eclipse, or IDEA, you will have
>much better time of this.
>
>If not, even the command line may be simpler and less confusing than
>jcvs. :-)
>
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic login
>(password is anoncvs)
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic co
>jakarta-struts
>
>Larry

>I am attempting to download struts cvs with jcvs ii.  I am a new user
of

>CVS.  I am essentially a coder and have not master the finer arts of
>administrating these jobbers.  Guess it is time I learned, so here
goes.

>I am getting the following error:
>
>    The CVS Request failed.
>    Failed to open socket to connect to cvs server
>'2401@cvs.apache.org/home/cvspublic'.
>    could not create INETD connection for
>'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' -->
cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>    could not create INETD connection for
>'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' -->
cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

>    ** The command completed with an error status
>
>I have used the PServer option and have the username as anoncvs.  My
CVS