struts-dev mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich....@portalvu.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Struts 1.2.1 (Beta) Released
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:56:08 GMT
GREAT!

Does this post it on the "downloads" pages as a milestone? 'cuase 1.2.0
was not listed as milestone AFAIK on there.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi

.V

Ted Husted wrote:
> The Struts team announces the release of Struts 1.2.1, currently ranked at Beta quality.

> This release removes many features deprecated in prior releases (Struts 1.1 and Struts
1.0.2) and also provides several new features. Fixes to known problems have been applied.
More detail is available at

> * http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/release-notes.html
>
> The binary, source, and library distributions are available at
>
> * http://cvs.apache.org/dist/struts/v1.2.1/
>
> The library distribution contains only the requisite JARs, without the documentation
or example applications.

> We invite your comments on how well this release works with your own applications. Based
on feedback from the Struts community, this release may be dubbed "ready for prime time" and
promoted to "General Availabilty" quality.

> Please note that Struts now uses "Tomcat-style" releases. If the feedback on this release
were positive, Struts 1.2.1 may be promoted directly to "GA", without creating yet-another
distribution. If a serious problem were found and fixed, then we will issue Struts 1.2.2 and
try again.