struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Opening Salvo 'n CVS
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 18:53:51 GMT
I don't use JCVS, but I'm wondering if you should remove the path
segment from your "CVS Server" configuration.  That is, change
cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
cvs.apache.org

 From the error message, I'm assuming that it is trying to use your
whole "CVS Server" setting as a domain name, which it isn't.

Joe

At 6:18 AM -0700 7/5/04, Michael McGrady wrote:
>I am attempting to download struts cvs with jcvs ii.  I am a new
>user of CVS.  I am essentially a coder and have not master the finer
>arts of administrating these jobbers.  Guess it is time I learned,
>so here goes.
>
>I am getting the following error:
>
>   The CVS Request failed.
>   Failed to open socket to connect to cvs server
>'2401@cvs.apache.org/home/cvspublic'.
>   could not create INETD connection for
>'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' -->
>cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>   could not create INETD connection for
>'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' -->
>cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>
>   ** The command completed with an error status
>
>I have used the PServer option and have the username as anoncvs.  My
>CVS Modules is "checkout".  My CVS Server is
>"cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic".  My CVS Repository is
>"/home/cvspublic".  My Checkout Directory is "jakarta-struts".  And
>my arguments is "-d".
>
>Then I click "Checkout Module" and get the error.  Any ideas?

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn
back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
    - Carlos Santana