struts-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject [OT] Re: Opening Salvo 'n CVS: step one
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 19:06:42 GMT
I am somewhat surprised that there is not a standard procedure for doing
this sort of thing.  Accordingly, I guess I will just have to take my time
and eventually get there, since I have other things to do than work on
struts open source.  I am going to keep track of what I do so that
hopefully others will be able to use the process in the future, sort of
like code reuse.  Not complaining!  It is just that I love to code and am
not crazy about learning new administrative nuances.

Please let me know if I am screwing up.  So far, this is what I have done.

1.  Downloaded and installed Python 2.3.4 from http://www.python.org/.
(APPARENTLY REQUIRED BY WinCVS)
2.  Downloaded and installed WinCVS13b18 from http://www.wincvs.org/.
3.  Rooted around in
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14033&group_id=1
4.  Got a reference to a WinCVS manual at
http://cvsgui.sourceforge.net/howto/index.html.
5.  Downloaded PuTTY from
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html.
6.  Jettisoned PuTTY
7.  Went to SecureCRT at http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/.
8.  Completely screwed up setting up WinCVS following the outdated
instructions at jakarta and decided to get back to this tomorrow.