struts-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Opening Salvo 'n CVS
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:18:19 GMT
I am attempting to download struts cvs with jcvs ii.  I am a new user of
CVS.  I am essentially a coder and have not master the finer arts of
administrating these jobbers.  Guess it is time I learned, so here goes.

I am getting the following error:

   The CVS Request failed.
   Failed to open socket to connect to cvs server
'2401@cvs.apache.org/home/cvspublic'.
   could not create INETD connection for
'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' --> cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
   could not create INETD connection for
'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' --> cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

   ** The command completed with an error status

I have used the PServer option and have the username as anoncvs.  My CVS
Modules is "checkout".  My CVS Server is
"cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic".  My CVS Repository is
"/home/cvspublic".  My Checkout Directory is "jakarta-struts".  And my
arguments is "-d".

Then I click "Checkout Module" and get the error.  Any ideas?