struts-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McGrady <m...@michaelmcgrady.com>
Subject Re: thoughts on encouraging user development
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:46:28 GMT
This was one of the more helpful posts in this regard in a long
time.  Thanks Ted.

 From the point of view of someone who regularly adds code to the struts
framework on my own site but whom never really offers that code to the
community, EXCEPT VIA THE struts WIKI (for reasons explained here before),
it might be helpful if someone with perspective on the struts "project"
indicated in clear terms what would be helpful.  I can tell you that I
personally don't have a clue, even though I am daily in contact with all
the idea emanating out of struts.  I think I have a sufficient
understanding of struts to write the platform from scratch.  But, I don't
have the time to burrow through the administrative details to get involved
seriously in the community.  This is especially so if contributions are
going to just sit without review for an indeterminate period.  I think
everyone likes to think that there work is going to at least have a chance
at making a difference.

This is not written in despair.  I can tell that struts is doing just
fine.  Great in fact.  Love it.  Just some thoughts if anyone cares about
this perspective.

Michael