struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Struts-faces
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:17:17 GMT
I imagine Craig has Struts-Faces compiling against 2.4 to make sure it stays in synch with
Tomcat 5.

But, the question is whether we want to mandate that Struts-Faces can only compile against
2.3 (and not 2.4)? Or vice-versa. Or is there a way to write the class so it compiles under
either?

I know this is a pain. We went through the same problem with DataSources between 2.2 and 2.3.
I'm not sure what the issue here is, but for DataSources, the interface changed and we had
to stub the new members so that they threw exceptions if called. Of course, the problem with
that approach is it may obviate new functionality or rely on deprecated methods.

-Ted.