struts-dev mailing list archives

From Hubert Rabago <jakartau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: thoughts on encouraging user development
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:15:23 GMT
--- Michael McGrady <mike@michaelmcgrady.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> it might be helpful if someone with perspective on the struts "project"
> indicated in clear terms what would be helpful.
<snip/>
> This is especially so if contributions are
> going to just sit without review for an indeterminate period.  I think
> everyone likes to think that there work is going to at least have a chance
> at making a difference.
>
> This is not written in despair.  I can tell that struts is doing just
> fine.  Great in fact.  Love it.  Just some thoughts if anyone cares about
> this perspective.
>
> Michael

I agree on the points Michael made here (including those on the last
paragraph).  I think more people would be encouraged to contribute if they
knew which areas they should spend time on.  The standard response often
includes "contributing and reviewing patches", but not all submitted or
reviewed patches can be applied.  Maybe a patch/code version of
http://struts.apache.org/faqs/newbie.html#undocumented would help.

[Speaking of which, how do contributions to the items listed in
faqs/newbie.html#undocumented get submitted?]

Hubert