struts-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Tyley <Roberto.Ty...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: Opening Salvo 'n CVS
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:56:04 GMT

For windows, you need to install CVS to use it from the command line:

http://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/windows.html

And can I make a recommendation for a good set of unix utils on Win32:

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Good version of diff, grep, etc - it does make the DOS command line a
lot more like unix!

Roberto

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McGrady [mailto:mike@michaelmcgrady.com]
Sent: 05 July 2004 15:50
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Opening Salvo 'n CVS

If I try the "command line" from DOS ["cmd" or "command"] I get that
"cvs"
is not a recognized command. So, I am not sure what "command line" you
are
talking about here, Larry.  I don't use IDEs.  I use VIM and TextPad.  I

was hoping I could upload the files without having to do everything new
at
once.  So, what "command line" are we talking about?

At 07:42 AM 7/5/2004, you wrote:
>Yuck, jcvs is about as bad as cvs clients get.
>
>If you have an IDE such as netbeans or eclipse, or IDEA, you will have
>much better time of this.
>
>If not, even the command line may be simpler and less confusing than
>jcvs. :-)
>
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic login
>(password is anoncvs)
>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:2401/home/cvspublic co
>jakarta-struts
>
>Larry

>I am attempting to download struts cvs with jcvs ii.  I am a new user
of

>CVS.  I am essentially a coder and have not master the finer arts of
>administrating these jobbers.  Guess it is time I learned, so here
goes.

>I am getting the following error:
>
>    The CVS Request failed.
>    Failed to open socket to connect to cvs server
>'2401@cvs.apache.org/home/cvspublic'.
>    could not create INETD connection for
>'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' -->
cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>    could not create INETD connection for
>'2401@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic' -->
cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

>    ** The command completed with an error status
>
>I have used the PServer option and have the username as anoncvs.  My
CVS

>Modules is "checkout".  My CVS Server is
>"cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic".  My CVS Repository is
>"/home/cvspublic".  My Checkout Directory is "jakarta-struts".  And my
>arguments is "-d".
>
>Then I click "Checkout Module" and get the error.  Any ideas?

the views of Reuters Ltd.