struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank Zammetti" <fzamm...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts Web Services Enablement Project
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:32:54 GMT
I didn't think it was harsh myself, I think it was a valid point.  My answer
from a previous response basically boils down to I don't think this solves
everyone's Web Services needs, but I think in some cases it can be an easy
path to take.  Sometimes the path of least resistance is all you need, or
sometimes all you CAN do because when the business is pushing you to get
something done, I know from years of experience, as I'm sure you all do as
well, that good architecture is sometimes a luxury you can't afford the time
to do.  I hate to say it, and you hope to be in an environment where veryone
recognizes that doing things right the first time is better than doing it
half-assed ten times, but in many situations that just isn't the case, and
if this helps in those situations, I think that's a good thing.

Now Hal's comment was harsh! :)