struts-dev mailing list archives

From David Geary <sabrew...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Separate Tiles From Struts?
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 01:46:24 GMT
On 04-03-23, at 17:40, Matt Raible wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2004, at 5:23 PM, Ted Husted wrote:
>
>> At first, there was talk of bringing it to Taglibs. Cedric and David
>> Geary chatted about that for a bit, but the conversation trailed off,
>> and we just plunged ahead with 1.1.

IMHO, Tiles should definitely be separate from Struts. I'd really like
to see it become a Commons project. And now that I'm done with Core
JSF, I'd certainly be willing to pitch in.

>> It could certainly be abstracted and brought to the Commons, like the
>> Validator, if someone had the itch. :)
>>
>> Are you volunteering?
>
> Any idea on what kind of effort this would involve?  It seems like it
> would be simple enough, but you never know... ;-)

Well, it certainly won't be simple. Nothing ever is. 8-)

Also, Tiles is probably due for a facelift. It's been around for
awhile, and I'm sure it could use some updating.

david