struts-dev mailing list archives

From Abhishek Khandelwal <akhan...@spikesource.com>
Subject Re: building struts from source code
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 17:59:08 GMT
No, it does not work. I get few error messages in terms of
genericDataSource class.
So the release version needs struts-legacy.jar

see the error messages below---

/usr/local/struts/src/src/share/org/apache/struts/util/GenericDataSource.java:78: package
org.apache.struts.legacy does not exist
    [javac] public class GenericDataSource extends
org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericDataSource {

[javac]                                                                ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/struts/src/src/share/org/apache/struts/action/ActionServlet.java:779: cannot resolve
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method close ()
    [javac] location: class org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource
    [javac]                         ((GenericDataSource)
dataSource).close();

I have one more question regarding building.
When I build using ant dist, I get lots of warning messages. What is the
reason behind those messages?

Here is one of the warning messages... i get almost 200 of such
messages.

/usr/local/struts/src/src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/BaseInputTag.java:242: warning:
EVAL_BODY_TAG in javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag has been deprecated
    [javac]         return (EVAL_BODY_TAG);
    [javac]                 ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/struts/src/src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/BaseFieldTag.java:190: warning:
EVAL_BODY_TAG in javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag has been deprecated
    [javac]         return (EVAL_BODY_TAG);

/usr/local/struts/src/src/share/org/apache/struts/tiles/TilesUtilImpl.java:193: warning: org.apache.struts.tiles.ComponentDefinitionsFactory
in org.apache.struts.tiles has been deprecated
    [javac]     if( factory instanceof ComponentDefinitionsFactory )
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/struts/src/src/share/org/apache/struts/tiles/TilesUtilImpl.java:195: warning: org.apache.struts.tiles.ComponentDefinitionsFactory
in org.apache.struts.tiles has been deprecated
    [javac]       factory = new ComponentDefinitionsFactoryWrapper(
(ComponentDefinitionsFactory)factory );

Thanks
Abhishek