struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject RE: 2.3 for 1.3? (was Counting down to 1.2.1)
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:30:09 GMT

Oh. I thought I was supposed to be cutting it this weekend (at your
suggestion ;). The only reason that's not actually done is because CVS is
locking up on me (in the Struts repo only). Should I not be trying to do
this?

> In the meantime, I'm wondering if we want to just bite the bullet
> and move the minimum to servlet 2.3 for the Struts 1.3.x series?

I feel pretty strongly that we shouldn't be breaking backwards compatibility
in a point release.

> People using 2.2 can still use 1.2.x, and having 2.3 available
> might simplify some of the configuration discussions we're having now.

I haven't caught up completely on that thread yet. (Long messages sometimes
get pushed down on my stack, I'm afraid, and I was trying to focus on
1.2.1.) What is it about moving to 2.3 that would help (other than allowing
for the mechanism I suggested, which would be optional anyway)?

> Struts 2.0 is being slated for 2.4, so it's a clean continuum.
>
> As to the subproject reorg, I'd imagine we'd still keep
> taglib-classic on 2.2, and taglib-jstl and taglib-faces on 2.3.

Right now (or at least after 1.2.1 is out), I think we need to focus on the
other parts of our TLP move. I'll start a separate thread on that.

--
Martin Cooper