struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Making Struts Build Easier (Re: "coming out" for JSF + Struts, was: Struts JSR?)
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:58:10 GMT
At 2:17 PM -0500 3/24/04, Ted Husted wrote:

>  >> \opt-el
>>>
>>  Hmm. This is also a taglib...
>
>But with different platform requirements. :)

Yes, but is there any reason not to treat them as a single
deliverable?  They have interdependencies that would make this
attractive, and if users use the correct TLD file, the platform
dependencies should be invisible.

One wrinkle I see would be that from a compilation standpoint, it
would be difficult to control the servletapi dependencies, so there
would be some risk of building the base taglibs using Servlet 2.3
features.

Even so, I think it's worth looking at making a single
struts-taglib.jar that would integrate both forms.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com