struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Speed <psp...@progeeks.com>
Subject Re: Making Struts Build Easier (Re: "coming out" for JSF + Struts, was: Struts JSR?)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:53:52 GMT

Ted Husted wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:49:31 -0800 (PST), Martin Cooper wrote:
>

> Well, as you mentioned, another way to go would be for some one to write a tool that
could burst and rejar an arbitrary set of jars. (If one doesn't already exist.) The source
for such a tool could live in the core since it's just something a volunteer would run offline
and the upload. It wouldn't be a true deliverable. And, I'm not convinced that we even need
to do such a thing. Even without a few extra JARs of our own, there are still all the Commons
JARs. (Though I suppose we could roll together those too.) I'd tend to leave this for a end-user
to do, say if there were distributing a particular Struts distribution to several teams in
an enterprise. But it would be nice to provide a tool for this (if someone had the itch to
write it.) It really sounds like a job for Sun :)

Did you need something beyond what ANT already provides?

An untested example:

     <target name="bundle.struts">
         <jar jarfile="lib/struts-all.jar">
             <zipgroupfileset dir="lib/struts">