struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please correct me if I m wrong
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:02:25 GMT
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:30:11 -0600, Bhardwaj, Sharod wrote:
> Execution of  tag :         name - Used to get value of the checkbox once
> the form is submitted.         property - used to map the status, i.e.
> whether the checkbox shd be Yes or No, to the bean property.         value
> - value of the checkbox. if I m right then is it necessary to
> specify the "name" and "property" with the literals ? Please
> explain as this is eating my head out. Please don't refer me to
> Jakarta site as I couldn't figure out anything from there.

The place to ask questions like this is the USER list.

The thing with checkboxes is that the browsers do not submit them if they are not checked.
If the checkbox input is there, it was checked. If the checkbox is not in the request, then
it is not present.

Typically people will represent checkboxes with a boolean that defaults to false. So if they
are checked, then they are set to true.

But do not post any follow questions here. Post to the USER list instead.

-Ted.