struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: why are form beans required for html:form?
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:55:19 GMT
>A JSP author should be able to define one without any problem. And
>the one suggested here, could be a standard part of your team's
>starter Struts config.

Well, I just want it all NOW and we're already piling a lot onto the
people who are making JSPs (who, by the way, don't quite fit the
profile of "JSP author" as in the way that Sun and others split it up
-- these folks don't write their own JavaScript either -- yet.)

Actually, my guinea pig... er, first "student" has managed to do a
few pretty decent configuration tasks on her own already.

>Heck, if you throw the JSF extension into the mix, I wager you could
>write significant Struts applications now without writing any Java
>code at all. :)
>
>http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-bsf/index.html

I have in fact thrown the BSF extension into the mix, and I'm pretty
excited about it!

Joe

--
Joe Germuska