struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: DigestingPlugIn
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:27:19 GMT
>I know I've asked this before, and forget how it turned out, so
>please forgive me for asking again :)
>
>Would it be possible to do an example usage of the DigestingPlugin
>that sets up static servlet context attributes, as is done by the
>MemoryPlugIn in the MailReader Example?
>
>Of course, if you're still out of town, don't worry about responding
>right away. This can wait.

I had done something like it a little before DigestingPlugin was
committed, but it faced the challenge that LabelValueBean didn't have
a no-arg constructor, and so was hard to use with Digester.

In case the commits weren't announcement enough, I changed the
example application so that instead of creating the "serverTypes"
list of LVBs in the MemoryDatabasePlugIn, that list is now created by
the DigestingPlugIn.

When I have some more time, I'll look for a place in the walking tour
to add some information, although work is about to get real busy
again.

How would people feel about putting the XML digester rules for the
label value beans into the Struts JAR?  I can see the argument that
it's not really core, and I wouldn't fight about it, but I can see
where it would be convenient.  For now, I just put it in WEB-INF,
which makes the struts-config a little cleaner (because I changed
DigestingPlugIn to default to looking in the servlet context if the
"source" of either the data XML or digester XML is not specified).

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com