struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Hightower" <rhighto...@arc-mind.com>
Subject RE: Does struts-chain work with tomcat 4.1 ?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:16:16 GMT
Thanks for the description of Jericho.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Chanezon [mailto:patlist@chanezon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:45 AM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Does struts-chain work with tomcat 4.1 ?

struts-jericho is a working proposal for Struts 2.x.
see
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg20204.html
and the discussion thread that ensued.
from the document:

"Jericho is a whiteboard proposal describing one possible implementation
of Struts 2.x.
 Since Struts 2.x is slated as a "revolution", the Apache practice is to
assign a codename to a proposal until the Community comes to a consensus.
 This proposal is called "Jericho" since it tries to tear-down the walls
within the Struts architecture. "

see also the wiki
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?StrutsWhiteboard
for details.

I'm not familiar enough with the proposal to describe it further: my
focus is more short term, on making struts 1.2 work with portlets for
any JSR 168 container, and document that.

P@