struts-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Chanezon <patl...@chanezon.com>
Subject Re: Does struts-chain work with tomcat 4.1 ?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:47:54 GMT
Thanks BaTien, my focus is more short term: my goal is to make struts
1.2 work with portlets for any JSR 168 container, and document that.
I may take a look at struts-jericho later when I'm done with that and am
more familiar with the framework.
struts-jericho seems to me like a much more ambitious and long term project.

P@

BaTien Duong wrote:

> [...]

>>   <!-- ========== Global Forward Definitions
>> ============================== -->
>>   <global-forwards>
>>     <forward   name="logoff"               path="/logoff.do"/>
>> -    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.jsp"/>
>> -    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.jsp"/>
>> +    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.do"/>
>> +    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.do"/>
>> +    <forward   name="welcome"              path="/welcome.do"/>
>>   </global-forwards>
>>
>> I took the struts-config.xml from struts-example and added the chain
>> related configurations and this Exception is not there anymore.
>> Other problems pop up, but not this one :-)
>>
>> My other questions still stand.
>>
>> 1. is someone actively working on that code right now ?
>

> Yes, i am working on struts-chain, but in a slightly different
> direction. To me, struts-chain example is a proof-of-concept. I  am
> still waiting for the codes in struts-jericho to play.
>
> Specifically, i start from JavaServer Faces since stateful
> UIComponents provided by the framework is nice and i expect many
> complex components will be available either commercially or from open
> sources. I try to combine best features of different frameworks by
> playing around with struts-jericho Servlet Request Adapter, Controller
> and Processor overview. The adding of Command Context as suggested in
> struts-jericho is important since each command is a service component
> that is self contained, fully customizable and manageable.
>
> BaTien
> DBGROUPS
>

>> 2. does someone have struts-chain installed and configured correctly ?
>> from where did you get it ? Any caveats for the build ?
>> 4. I used maven to build struts: the maven dist target's result differs
>> significantly from ant's dist, and contrib/struts-chain makes some
>> assumptions about what's 2 levels above that are not met by the maven
>> build.
>> This is whay I had to use a nightly build.
>> is there a way to generate jakarta-struts's build.properties from
>> maven ?-)
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any input.
>>
>> Patrick Chanezon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I started working on struts-chain in order to add support for portlets.
>>>
>>> I built struts-chain from cvs, using a nightly struts 1.2 build
>>> jakarta-struts-20040113.zip to bootstrap my build, and my own build of
>>> commons-chain from CVS.
>>> I used the struts-example application from the nightly build as a seed
>>> for the struts-chains sample war.
>>>
>>> I deployed both in Tomcat 4.1.29.
>>> struts-example works fine
>>> struts-chain fails with an exception, see below.
>>>
>>> I have a few questions:
>>> 1. is someone actively working on that code right now ?
>>> 2. does someone have struts-chain installed and configured correctly ?
>>> from where did you get it ? Any caveats for the build ?
>>> 3. any idea about the Exception ?