struts-dev mailing list archives

From BaTien Duong <batien.du...@dbgroups.com>
Subject Re: Does struts-chain work with tomcat 4.1 ?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:44:16 GMT
Patrick Chanezon wrote:

> Forget about question 3, and the exception.
>
> It seems like the struts-config.xml file for the struts-chain does not
> contain the welcome actionforward definition.
>
> diff  -U 3
> "/Users/pat/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/struts-chain/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"

> "/Users/pat/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/struts-example/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"

>   <!-- ========== Global Forward Definitions
> ============================== -->
>   <global-forwards>
>     <forward   name="logoff"               path="/logoff.do"/>
> -    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.jsp"/>
> -    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.jsp"/>
> +    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.do"/>
> +    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.do"/>
> +    <forward   name="welcome"              path="/welcome.do"/>
>   </global-forwards>
>
> I took the struts-config.xml from struts-example and added the chain
> related configurations and this Exception is not there anymore.
> Other problems pop up, but not this one :-)
>
> My other questions still stand.
>
> 1. is someone actively working on that code right now ?

Yes, i am working on struts-chain, but in a slightly different
direction. To me, struts-chain example is a proof-of-concept. I  am
still waiting for the codes in struts-jericho to play.

Specifically, i start from JavaServer Faces since stateful UIComponents
provided by the framework is nice and i expect many complex components
will be available either commercially or from open sources. I try to
combine best features of different frameworks by playing around with
struts-jericho Servlet Request Adapter, Controller and Processor
overview. The adding of Command Context as suggested in struts-jericho
is important since each command is a service component that is self
contained, fully customizable and manageable.

BaTien
DBGROUPS