struts-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Chanezon <patl...@chanezon.com>
Subject Re: Does struts-chain work with tomcat 4.1 ?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:03:16 GMT
Forget about question 3, and the exception.

It seems like the struts-config.xml file for the struts-chain does not
contain the welcome actionforward definition.

diff  -U 3
"/Users/pat/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/struts-chain/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"
"/Users/pat/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/struts-example/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"
   <!-- ========== Global Forward Definitions
============================== -->
   <global-forwards>
     <forward   name="logoff"               path="/logoff.do"/>
-    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.jsp"/>
-    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.jsp"/>
+    <forward   name="logon"                path="/logon.do"/>
+    <forward   name="success"              path="/mainMenu.do"/>
+    <forward   name="welcome"              path="/welcome.do"/>
   </global-forwards>

I took the struts-config.xml from struts-example and added the chain
related configurations and this Exception is not there anymore.
Other problems pop up, but not this one :-)

My other questions still stand.

1. is someone actively working on that code right now ?
2. does someone have struts-chain installed and configured correctly ?
from where did you get it ? Any caveats for the build ?
4. I used maven to build struts: the maven dist target's result differs
significantly from ant's dist, and contrib/struts-chain makes some
assumptions about what's 2 levels above that are not met by the maven
build.
This is whay I had to use a nightly build.
is there a way to generate jakarta-struts's build.properties from maven ?-)

Thanks in advance for any input.