struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sundling <tomcatl...@tkz.net>
Subject Re: maven checkstyle report
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:57:53 GMT
Actually, I was realizing that Option 2 is only a quick fix, not a
solution and that eventually there will still be a bunch of tab errors.
Realizing that we'll be accepting code from people who may or may not be
using tabs, it's likely to be a persistant error...  Some assistance
could be provided by an ant target like this that I used to package my
own code for a client who hated tabs:

    <target name="notabs"  description="Replace tab with 4 spaces" >
        <replaceregexp match="\t"
            replace="    "
            flags="g" >
            <fileset dir="web" excludes="**/images/*" />
        </replaceregexp>
    </target>

Even that assumes a tab is always the same number of spaces, which is
the whole issue with tabs in the first place.  I personally like tabs,
but not as much as I like consistency. :)

Paul