struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sundling <tomcatl...@tkz.net>
Subject Re: @author tags in Struts code
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:18:41 GMT
That means a lot coming from you Craig!

I want to get some feedback on some other changes I'd like to suggest:
  on http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/volunteers.html (volunteer.xml)
the current section order is:
  Source Code Contributers
  Documentation Contributers
  Active Committers
  Emeritus Committers

  how about reordering the sections to
  Active Committers
  Emeritus Committers
  Source Code Contributers
  Documentation Contributers

I don't know if there's already some other convention on that, but
developers are listed before contributers in project.xml, so it seems
like a logical ordering.  It also highlights those first who made very
important contributions.

I noticed that a couple of active committers were not listed in the
source code contributers!  That will be fixed when I update the list.
This includes James Mitchell, Joe Germuska and David M. Karr.***

*I'm grabbing all the author tags under /src.  Should the same be done
under contrib as well?  The scope of files involved in src is already
several hundred, so If that's required I'll do that seperately as a
seperate item.

I think it would be good to mention the new policy on @author tags and
that we're including people on the volunteer page in the documentation
on how to help.  Anyone have some good wording for that?

Paul Sundling