struts-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: Deprecated: ActionError
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:36:19 GMT
Sorry I don't usually post this group but is there actually a sensible
replacement for action errors yet?

That messages stuff still falls short of offering the same level of
slickness that action errors does, perhaps this is due to he
html:errors tag but i personally and i imagine others all that
messagesPresent nasty mess.

There's still no clear means of accessing a single property of the
messages vector/array/list (whichever it is). I've asked this question
a few times on the user list, but what exactly is the replacement for
action errors and the accompanying tags.

<logic:messagesPresenet bla bla is disgusting and there's no obvious
way to drill to the property in the common situation of wanting to
display an error by a form element.

Sorry wont post again, but its a tad irritating that something this
useful is being deprecated in favor of some rancid camel's jism of an
alternative.

  Cheers Mark