struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renaming DefinitionsFactory or DefinitionsFactory?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:29:31 GMT
We probably wouldn't be able to rename it per se. We'd have to deprecate one class and bring
another up using the new name. (The one we deprecating being a shell that calls the new one.)
Tyranny of the installed base, and all that :)

A lot of the naming in the Tiles package is inconsistence and does need to be addressed. One
reason for this was that Tiles had a name change late in the cycle, so sometimes the older
name is used.

What would be helpful would be a proposal that presented an new API with al the changes, as
well as what bridge classes would be needed to get there from here.

-Ted.