struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts Jericho/Roadmap [was Does struts-chain work with tomcat 4.1 ?]
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:13:15 GMT
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:15:21 -0700, Richard Hightower wrote:
> What is the 411 on struts-jericho?

It's a whiteboard proposal, waiting to see if anyone buys in :)

I wanted to get something "other there" so we could start capturing ideas, but, right now,
my own volunteer hours are going into getting 1.2.0 ready to roll :)

After that, I'd like to march through the (dozens of ) outstanding patches for 1.x.x, to be
sure Jericho covers any and all bases mentioned there.

But, if anyone has an itch to start floating code for a 2.x/Jericho implementation, feel free.
My only comment is any proposed 2.x code should include full test coverage, back to front.
I'd also be +1 on utilizing Commons Chain as a core component, as contemplated by Struts Chain.
I've been using Commons Chains in my own apps for several months now, and I'm about ready
to start working on some howtos or some type of developers guide.

On the testing front, one other thing I'd like to do for 1.2.1 is a full suite of Canoo WebTest
for the example applications. [Especially that nasty but quite useful Taglib Exercise module:)]
WebTest is an extension of HttpUnit that lets you design tests via a XML script that can be
run as an Ant Build file. Very sweet. :)

Hey, who knows to  prompt ibiblio about adding a new version? (Martin?) There's a much new
version of  Canoo WebTest that should be added.

-Ted.