struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compartmentalization of Modules (was Re: [18111] et al)
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:45:49 GMT
As Nathan and Matt mentioned, the link would only be indicating what module it was linking
to. No extra information is needed over what the contextRelative syntax would require. The
contextRelative syntax simply embeds the module prefix in the link.

Actually, there is one difference :)

By using the module syntax, we are leaving the door open to the idea of decoupling the module-prefix
from the "logical" module at some future time.

Right now, stuff for the "excercise" module is under /root/exercise, but that might change
sometime, so that we migth be able to map the files for the "exercise" module to some other
location. Of course, that all depends on where people want to take modules in the future.

-Ted.