struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] ActionFactory refactoring
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:11:26 GMT
IMHO, if we were writing Struts today, then this definitely would have been a factory in the
first place. So making it a factory now seems reasonable, so long as someone is willing to
do the work :)

My one concern is the ActionServlet reference in the signature. I don't feel good about adding
any more http dependencies to interfaces we may have to live with for some time. But it may
be unavoidable, and when we do start encapsulating http, this whole she-bang might be encapsulated
as well.

If you can do it over the weekend, and post a patch that people could review first, and you
felt confident in the code, I would say that it could still make the 1.2.0 cut. I feel strongly
that we need to address the remaining problem reports regarding pagePattern et cetera. I'm
actively working  on the module examples application now, but the application and the fixes
aren't going to happen before Monday.

Of course, an equally reasonable opinion would be to hold the patch for after the 1.2.0 roll,
so that it can live in the nightly build for awhile. But it seems like a fairly straight-forward
matter to me, and should either work or not.

-Ted.