struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Daniell" <pdani...@ign.com>
Subject possible bug in struts?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:55:00 GMT
I've encountered a strange problem with Struts when used with Torque. I
retrieve an object using the following:

ArrayList list = (ArrayList)ComponentPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
request.setAttribute("components", list);
Component c = (Component)list.get(0);
request.setAttribute("comptest", c);
System.out.println(c.getName());

In the logs this will appropriately print the name of the object "c".
However, when I invoke the following JSP
<c:out value="${comptest.name}"/>

I get the following Exception:

HTTP ERROR: 500 An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute
"value" with value "${comptest.name}": An error occurred while getting
property "name" from an instance of class
org.ttemplating.internal.dataobjects.Component
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring
class)

Any advice appreciated.
Paul