struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts-chain Behavior Discussion
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:27:09 GMT
Edgar P Dollin wrote:

>Not that I am an expert, nor is this the Command Chain a major issue for me,
>but logic in configuration files (xml) is like writing LISP.  For some it is
>a rare beauty, for others it foggy at best.

It's different from LISP in one important respect, though ... no
parentheses :-).

More seriously, it's different in a more important respect as well.
Configuration via XML files is *optional* -- you are completely free to
assemble your commands and chains in any way that you wish.  You can
even compile the sources for the chain package where you don't have
commons-digester (the code used to parse the XML config files)
available, and the build will obediently skip creating the config
classes.  Yet the base functionality of chain is still available.

>Edgar

Craig